1300 561 803
The Supreme Court of Victoria Website stipulates that you can apply for Letters of Administration in the following order of priority:
1. Lawful spouse or domestic partner2. Children, excluding step children, but including children adopted by the deceased3. Grandchildren4. Parents5. Brothers or sisters6. Remoter next of kin (aunties, uncles, cousins)
The application contains an Affidavit that must be either sworn or affirmed. Affidavits contain statements you confirm to be true and accurate.
Swearing an Affidavit under oath involves a religious element. It usually involves saying words to the effect"I swear by almighty God..."
Affirming an Affidavit does not involve a religious element.
Please select how you wish to confirm the Affidavit:
Please provide the following details as at time of passing.
Please select the options that apply.
Please provide the following information for each child of the deceased (including adopted children, but excluding step-children):
‣ Where Deceased, please provide Full Names of any children, including adopted children
Please provide details of any divorces
Property and Assets*
Please select the Property and Assets owned by the Deceased.
Please select the Deceased's Liabilities and Debts.
‣ Please send high-resolution scanned copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org‣ Ensure all documents are current and up to date.Tip: You can download free apps like ‘Genius Scan’ that make it easy to scan and email high-quality copies of documents using your smartphone or tablet.1. DEATH CERTIFICATE2. APPLICANT’S DRIVER LICENCE
3. LIABILITIES AND DEBTS‣ Documents detailing the Deceased's Liabilities and Debts
- Home Loan / Mortgage Statements - Credit Card Statements - Personal / Car Loan Statements - Outstanding Rates & Bills - Other
4. PROPERTY AND ASSETS‣ Documents detailing the Property and Asset ownership of the Deceased
- Certificate of Title - Rates Notice - Bank Statements (at time of death) - Vehicle Registration - Share Holding Statements - Superannuation & Life Insurance Statements - Refundable Aged Care Bond Statement - Resident Exit Entitlement Statement - Other
‣ If the documents do not provide a value for the Property and Assets, please provide below. Approximate values are acceptable.
‣ If there are no documents relating to particular Property and Assets owned by the Deceased, please provide the details below including an approximate value.